Friday, December 28, 2012

From the moon, to the moon, over the moon!

credit: myenergyworks.com
Dawning of Fullness

With this early morning post I am grateful for breath, for love, for family, for life.  At approximately 5:21am the moon flowed her way into being full under the sign of Cancer.  So as I looked up at the hazy, beacon like moon this morning, all I could think to say was "Hello, Mama Moon".  Acknowledgement is a good thing, but surely we do not have to leave it at that.

And what does Full mean?

Full Moon time is quite powerful, as it allows each and every one of us the opportunity to fully see the growing capabilities of our wants, dreams, desires, and goals.  Think of Full Moon time as that attainment phase, you know that time when we really get to see what it is that we have put out into the universe.  Not what we have said or professed, but rather that which we really gave energy to.

The Moon is the Mother

This last Full Moon of this calendar year happens to be in the caring, loving sign of Cancer,  a sign that can bring long term rewards, love magic or order to life.  If there are any Cancers reading this let me know if you feel any of what I've written about here.  See the sign of Cancer is ultimately ruled by the Moon, so right now we have all kinds of power awaiting.  The Moon is the Mother of the Inner Self.  When the Moon rules the sky we have a gift upon us for we can really get to the heart of who and what we are and make real, positive, and tangible change and share those energies with the universe.  Aside from the Self, Moon time is a good time to do work on family, home, self healing and that Triple Goddess energy that all of us (male or female) possess.  So, decide right now, what's it gonna be? Grab the reigns of the Full Moon and harness the extremely strong emotions that may be swarming around inside you right now.  Be bold enough to take a stab at that thing you just have not had enough courage to face.  And most importantly dare to put yourself and your progress first, even at this time of year.

Shatter that which is unneeded 

My personal Full Moon journey is about breaking illusions.  I think I often get caught up in the wondrously iridescent colors of an illusion and forget that OH, I have all the power I need to break through illusions.  My power is here and now, there is no next year, when I am more evolved or anything, it's simply knowing I am all I will ever need, as are you. So, here's to breaking all illusions!

Below is a Full Moon affirmation to think about during this auspicious time of the lunar cycle.  Feel free to devise one that best suits the work you need to complete.



Full Moon Affirmation

Gracious mothers allow me to change what I find,

I am to embrace the light of this Full Moon and illuminate,

any darkness on my path of self understanding



Full Moon Herbs/Essences

Coconut

Hibiscus

Lemon



Candle Power

At the Full Moon there is an awesome amount of power available and a way to cement that power and your works is by burning candles.  Below is information on the color White that is associated with the Moon.  Find White candles that are safe and burn them as long and as much as you like.  Fire is a tool of creation that can ignite you towards your goals this Full Moon.


White


 credit: footage.shutterstock.com


Concentrated Life Force

Expansions

Focus


--Andrea/DaughterofWaters






No comments:

Translate