Monday, January 28, 2008

Did someone say a waning moon and a Retrograde?

Waning, it is that time once again. We are drawing this lunation to a close. How has your time been this cycle? Triumphs, spaces that need work? In this phase all that you want to discard and rid yourself of, now is the time. We are ending what has been an amazing and insightful time. I have learned that the dawn of the coming new Lunar Year, with our next new moon, will be the beginning an entire new cycle. So bid this end with a fabulous farewell. Know your lessons, know your power, know your divinity. This waning moon is in my sign, Virgo, which is currently ruled by the great keeper of crossroads, Mercury.

So yes..Mercury has about entered its retrograde period. And to sum it up, communication with, self, others and our modes of communication can all be misrepresented on a moment to moment basis. Do no fear this time. It has come to me recently that this retrograde period is an excellent time to challenge ourselves to think innovatively, beyond our societal norms, and past even what we understood just yesterday. For this reason I thought it would be good to give information on things that Mercury rules and see if we can spot them in our lives, flip them, and be the better for having this time.

My waning focus, while entering this retrograde time deals with absorption without negativity. We all can benefit from giving and getting messages, yet we must take heed what other things we pick up along the way. I just want to reinforce that. Below are a few of the areas Mercury can affect.

Work in Mercury

Open to new ways of thinking to achieve
Self-Knowledge
Reflections of Imbalance
Communication


Herb/Flower Essences for this Waning Phase

Clary Sage
Lemongrass
Lavender


I have a mercurial oil mix, email me for details if you are interested
daughterofwaters@gmail.com



Waning Moon Messages



North-Earth Element
Do not be fooled by outer trappings
Dance my fabulous dance
Explore and celebrate my greatness


South-Fire Element
Put at my synaptic impulses, only love, always love, just love, Unconditional Love


East-Air Element
How long will I miss the peace moments
Step forward and know the path will be there


West-Water Element
Begin my love journey by being my own true love
True love is an amazing partnership

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh, yep, i'm feeling the effects of this.

i'm sitting in Union Station waiting for my 8.40p train. wow, i'm i glad for this moment of non verbal communication. been talking all day, and not very well.

thanks for your blog. it's a happy point to the end of my day.

love you--z

Anonymous said...

ahhh... i think at times i have to learn stuff the hard way. just glad to learn BUT i would certainly like to ease up on the bruising.

East-Air Element
How long will I miss the peace moments
Step forward and know the path will be there

West-Water Element
Begin my love journey by being my own true love
True love is an amazing partnership


I am hearing this right now! Feeling the wind and the water! Need to heed their messages!

Unknown said...

This month has been a lot about clearing away at home. It's been more effortless than I expected. It was like I had wings under my feet to get things organized and cleaned up. I'm feeling the retrograde as the wings are moving to another place and lifting that up. Not sure yet what that part is, but I am resting in knowing that I'll know when I know!

guerreiranigeriana said...

now that is a nice and optimistic way to look at mercury in retrograde...i'm going to work on that...thanks for that...

Translate