Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer is burning to Bless US!

credit: flickr.com
Summer is back in town

At about 7:09pm EST today we welcome back the wonder known as the Summer Solstice.  This phenomenon, celebrated throughout the world in many ways, is the official beginning of summertime.  Summer has been away for about one year and now he has returned with gifts for us all.  I refer to Summer as him because the solstice is the longest amount of sunlight we have during the entire year (in the Northern Hemisphere) and the Sun is definitely a masculine energy for all of us.

Female and Male right there 

This year the solstice will peak just as the Sun (a feminine energy) moves into Cancer, which is also Moon ruled. So what we have for ourselves is nice balance of the male and female principles.  Now, what are we going to do with all of this information? Well, I would like to think we are going to be out the gate making moves, spreading love, and doing the MOST, but I know, it does take us time to first reflect, then act, there are always better results when that happens, (SMILE).

Know the now for the then

Take stock of where you are? Also, think about what focus will glean you the most beneficial improvements of self and things you are working towards.  For me I always have to grasp myself up to not be too shortsighted or surface.  Although there is joy, laughter, and good times when the Sun is strong, remember the Sun is our ultimate illumination tool when trying to see things we have hidden from ourselves.  Don't know about you, but I am good at hiding things from myself that may lead to some uncomfortable-ness.

 Ready for an uproarious ride

For me this Summer is about opening to the transformation that is occurring before my very eyes.  It is difficult for me to see myself, my true, whole, holistic self, but my mothers (physical and ancestral) know just how to get the message to me that there is a difference between what I think and what really is.  So, I say to them, balance out my perception of my transformation and what my transformation is.  I am open to seeing this cycle of me differently knowing that they are taking my being, loving, living, seeing, growing, doing, and experiencing to a whole other level.  I thank them and I get ready for a roller coaster (which I love by the way) of a Summer.

 Pick your joy, only you can

How about you? What portions of you will you take a stab at this Summer? Also, maybe you can dig to that deep place you have been trying to avoid like the big pink elephant in the room, look at that part of the self, it's okay, it's YOU!  Below are areas that can really soar during Summer.  I also dropped a few symbols to keep a look out for or even make a part of our Summer days.


credit: article.wn.com



Work for the Summer Solstice

Personal Enlightenment

Fertility

Communication with Nature

Handfastings & Weddings



Summer Solstice Elements

Fire

Sunflowers

Community Gatherings

Flower Wreaths 


Summer Solstice Oils

Frankincense

Juniper

Orange

Rosemary


credit: weedwrench.com
--Andrea, DaughterofWaters


1 comment:

Z said...

I always think that Spring offers me the chance to reinvest, reflect, and reinvent myself, but it never happens. The real stuff for me happens in the summer. It seems appropriate that I'm beginning it with a family visit. I'm open to insights that will come. Thanks for this post. It reinforces and reminds me of the need to pay attention to my signs around me.

Translate