Saturday, February 2, 2013

Blessings betwix the Winter and Spring

Celebrated on February 2nd of each year, Imbolc is a celebration to many, spiritual and cultural, as the mid point that is between the Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox.  It is thought to be a dawning of the Sun, a source of power and light that is desperately needed on the planet not just for warmth or growth, but also for illumination of all kinds.

As one who is paying more attention these days to nature, my health, the world and many customs I find it interesting to take the time to see my actual progress on a day like Imbolc. When paying homage to this often grey time of year, I suggest we find the beauty in it's existence for if there was no mid point there could be no Spring. 

To make this time more focused I propose we select a focus for today; Creation and Creativity.  Both really simple concepts right? Well, as always, the most basic things are really quite layered when we really dig deeper.  Listed below are questions I am venturing to ask myself today and I am committed to giving myself honest answers back, not what I think should be the answer, but what really IS the answer. Feel free to ask yourself these as well or make up your own questions surrounding creativity, mid point, or illumination.

Creation and Creativity Questions

  1. Am I insulating my creativity and using it conservatively?
  2. Do I properly use breath control in my creation process?
  3. As I create have I realized that I have my own personal song and it will constantly change?
  4. Have I realized that I can spark my own self resurrection if I am willing to go deep within to find it?
  5. Will I show who I am and not breach the creativity I have for fear of losing parts of it or myself
Some of the above are a tall order, but guess what? We are worth it.  So here we go...towards the most creative and progressive strides we have ever known.  This time of the year in particular when we want to hibernate I say to you, me and anyone who will listen, see the coming Sun, know Spring is just a few weeks away, push our way into the best parts of ourselves.  Now these days ahead will not necessarily be easy, but they will be and as such we must be there as well, might as well make our there the Greatest we have to give.

Here are some Imbolc symbolism to notice, use, or let serve as a benchmark.  Use them, think about them and make them a part of your creative process.  


Imbolc Scents

Jasmine

Neroli





Imbolc Elements

Candles

Sacred Water

Hearth Fires

Yellow/White Flowers

Spiced Herbal Teas

No comments:

Translate