Saturday, August 1, 2015

Lammas - Midpoint of the Summer

credit. secretmoongarden.ning.com
Good Morning! I hope you smell the sweet scent of the air. On today August 1st we have the opportunity to celebrate, again. This time the day is called Lammas and it is the true mid point of the summer season. It is nice to take a moment in the midst of new moons, blue moons, planets, and signs to just say thank you. And thank you in a way perhaps you hadn't said it before.

Often times we build up what our gratitude should look like rather than just simply having it. So today, when earth based religions will celebrate the harvests of the season thus far as well as the collaboration between the Earth and the Sun, stop and say thank you for that which you have manifested already this summer.

I also suggest we take a look at our lens of how we view what our abundance looks like. Many of us (myself included) will overlook or sometimes even ignore that which is a gift because it doesn't quite look like what we thought. Let's not make that mistake today.  See everything in our lives that give it meaning, purpose, challenge, form, and depth. Keep in mind all of these may not always seem like a walk in the park, but ultimately that give our lives dimension and uniqueness.  On today, our summer check in day, revisit what you may have wanted to work on this summer and evaluate.

To make this time more focused I propose we select a focus for today; Manifestation and Abundance.  Both really simple concepts right? Well, as always, the most basic things are really quite layered when we really dig deeper.  Listed below are questions I am venturing to ask myself today and I am committed to giving myself honest answers back, not what I think should be the answer, but what really IS the answer. Feel free to ask yourself these as well or make up your own questions surrounding manifesting, mid point, or abundance.


Manifestation and Abundance Questions:

  1. What have I manifested thus far in the summer season?
  2. Am I truly aware of the abundance that surrounds me?
  3. What are things I still want to focus on for the remainder of the summer?
  4. In all that I do is there an aspect of gratitude that I keep at my core?
  5. What are the ways I show my gratitude?
  6. How do I share my abundance and gratitude with others? 

 

Lammas Symbols

credit: oneononenewsletter.wordpress.com


Grain/Harvest Deities

Corn

Sunflowers

Wheat





Lammas Colors

Green (all shades)

Golden Yellows

Deep Oranges




Lammas Herbs/Essences

credit: orchidflowers.wordpress


Marigolds

Meadowsweet

Mint




--Andrea

 
 
 


3 comments:

at40 said...

I am grateful for you!!! You keep expanding my horizons and knowledge.

MightySheni said...

Inspiring! I have pulled out my gratitude jar today and will focus on all the blessings that have come this summer. Thank you, thank you for this wisdom. Bless you Sis!

Anonymous said...

You have a gift. Keep on using it.

Translate