Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Child & the Warrior


The Warrior and me 
Even as I sit to write this, I am in amazement at the Warrior that is me, that is you, that is us.  In a time when we are often misguided into what bravery, courage and protection means I am here to tell you the Warrior Self does have a place, just nowhere near what we see everyday.

Mars rushes in
Okay, so at approximately 10:37am (EST) today, Mar. 22, 2012, the moon saunters into Aries and we begin again; another Lunar Cycle commences.  Aries, the total representation of the infant in all of us holds so much love, hope, and promise for us all.  Aries, seen as the Warrior is ruled by the planet Mars.  Another symbol we hear much misinterpreted information about. 

Turn that power around on you
Instead of flatly seeing Mars as a time to charge in all situations, let us step back and think about all of this one good time.  First, Warrior energy is totally up to design by its wielder.  Warrior can mean clearing of obstacles and a reinforcement of personal energy.  In plain language, instead of fighting or pillaging those outside of ourselves, we can internalize the power available to us and make change of a totally different kind when Mars rules the Moon.  Sound like a plan?  Hope so! So be about self direction this cycle.  Make it about you. And not you in a totally self involved, but rather self evolved way.  Lastly, and the reason I am so excited about all of this is that all of this is done in the most subtle of ways.  So, no large pronouncements or declarations, just be about the business of doing what you need to do.  That's all there is to it.

Subtlety speaking to the Self
Okay, so here is what I am working on this cycle.  I have put my emphasis on leadership in all aspects of my life and with the energy of Mars available to me I want to be that subtle Warrioress for Self.  So, not loud or brash, but definitely bold, brazen, and bountiful.  I am really putting one foot in front of the other on this one.  I have no desired destination other than more connected to self and farther along this path I am walking.  This works for me during the New Moon as I can count on the ability to Ground like no other time during the cycle. We will see...

What's it gonna be
Now it's your turn.  What would you like to focus on this cycle?  Listed below are areas that are good to work on at this time, but stretch out.  This knowing and setting of intentions can be as large or small as you need it to be.  Keep it honest, keep it simple, keep it what you need at this moment.


New Moon Works

Fasting & Clearing

Intuition & Divination

Grounding & Centering

Radical Severance



Aries Lunar Cycle Totem-Porcupine
Concept-Innocence

Faith & Trust

Honor the Child Self

Engage Imagination & Fantasy

Make space for others to open to me



Herbs/Essences for Aries Lunar Cycle

Basil- Strength & Fertility

Dragon's Blood - Protection

Rose Geranium - Confidence



Aries Cycle Affirmation

I must activate my faith and trust this cycle,

Knowing that this child like wonderment will usher in power never known,

May I ground myself in subtlety and flow forward with my personal warrior just for me.



--Andrea/DaughterofWaters

 

 


No comments:

Translate