Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Think, Seed, Plant, Grow

credit: grandaspirations.org
Something new comes
At approximately 1:14am (EDT) Tuesday, March 20, 2012 we usher in another season and one of my favorites, I must say...Spring!  The Spring Equinox is a day that reminds us of the balance that light and dark can have in our lives.  Gone are the long dark days of Winter, now we will be blessed with the bountifulness of light.

And the question is
Spring, a time of rebirth and fertility can also stand as a personal tipping point for each of us.  What goals or dreams have we not yet dreamt?  Do we really have balance between the light and dark parts of our life paths?  And lastly, if we have exhausted all of our options are we worth the efforts to begin, yet again?  These questions can be amply answered and so much more this time of year.  As our agrarian ancestors knew it, now is the time to decide and plant those seeds: seeds of hope, seeds of courage, seeds of love, seeds of progress, seeds of life.

Within each of us is a seed
So, not one to mince words...know your seeds!  And not the ones found at your local nursery or a home improvement store.  These seeds are your deepest and most treasured inner realities.  And believe me sometimes we can hide our seeds quite well, even from ourselves.  Do yourself the favor.  Take the time, ask yourself this question.  What seeds will I plant this Spring? If I can not think of my seeds what is really going on?

Seeds that are to lead
My personal seed I will plant this Spring is one of leadership that is steeped in balance, intention, strength, and grace.  I am accepting my ability to respond to things knowing I have all that I need to lead myself and others into our next phase.  So my seeds are in my hand and I too will symbolically plant them.

Work your own brand of magic
Okay so you have your seed or seeds, now what? Well, mark your time and space by creating, introducing or embracing a ritual to help you celebrate this step in springtime.  Write some words, listen to a favorite song that grounds you, take a walk and visualize your seed being planted.  Do whatever you feel necessary to cement your seeds.  Here are some key concepts that can take root during spring and elements of springtime.



Spring Concepts


Equality of Light & Dark

Rebirth

New Life

Planting Time

credit: decorationideas.wordspress.com


Spring Elements

Eggs 

Seeds

Celebrations/Festivals

Blossoms
Hyacinth, Daffodil, Tulip




--Andrea/DaughterofWaters
"Happy Spring Equinox"
 



1 comment:

edith said...

Andrea, Love your new logo - it is as beautiful as you are. thank you again for your wisdom.

Translate