Sunday, November 17, 2013

A beaver, a bull, and the Lovely Lady

credit: paradelle.wordpress.com
The dawn of a moon
At approximately 1:15pm EST today the moon went into Full and not sure if any of you feel it, but I certainly do.  I hope our conversation during this full moon is certainly insightful.

And it's name is
Well first what type of full moon is this? This month, November, the full moon is also called the Full Beaver Moon, according to the Farmer's Almanac, which for those of us familiar with animals and meaning that should make sense, if not then  check this link for more info http://bit.ly/HTuBKy.  So with all of this in mind, now we have to piece together the rest of the puzzle for ourselves.

The bull lead by a lady
Now it's November and although we have visions of apples, tasty gourd based dishes and pies galore the astrological cosmology is definitely playing a part.  This full moon falls in the sign of Taurus, which is usually represented by the Bull.  And yes Taurus is a time of abundance seeking, love magic, and employment opportunities, all of that must be shaken down, stirred together and mixed in with the planet that rules Taurus. And that planet is none other than Venus, the most benevolent of planets.  If you are a Taurus or even a Libra your feeling of the full moon may be more intense.

Tasked by her energy
Venus, not just known as a planet of loveliness, for me represents such a ray of hope, new paths, and joyous living.  Mother Venus does not dwell in the mires of sorrow, squalor, and self pity so this full moon will be about business if you are trying to capture and harness her energy.  Accept the gifts she brings like a kiss on the forehead from an old auntie who has blessed you with sage advice. Take note though, often times we ask for things and then once we get them we are underwhelmed or unhappy, be sure you know the crafting and asking you are doing at this time for Venus does exactly as we ask.

Beware of my boundaries
My wish this full moon is to understand how I create and uphold my boundaries.  For me setting boundaries has been a journey and sometimes I have gotten it right and sometimes I have gotten it wrong.  Now, I'm working to see the nuts and bolts behind why my boundaries exist.  Also to see what motivates me over-giving or not giving enough.  For me it's a real assessment point for my relationship with boundaries.

Make plans to succeed
Please find your full moon power in some or any of the listed ideas below.  Again when the moon is full our works need to be in a more ritualized way, whatever that means to you.  There is never prescription,  just intention with ritual.



Work in the sign of Venus


Generative Forces

Fertility of Endeavors

Unity of Heart & Creativity

Finding Inner Beauty & Joy

 

Full Moon Goddess - Ishtar
Concept - Boundaries 




Question if I am setting proper boundaries

Know when I overgive and undergive and why

Make sure all of my assistance is built on helping others obtain




Full Moon Totem - Weasel
Concept - Stealth


Always trust my instincts even when I don't understand them

Maintain the protection of my family and home

Discretely give without fanfare or notice



Full Moon Candle - Green

credit: arefocusedlife.blogspot.com

Renew Physically and Spiritually

Homage to Mother Earth

Convalescence and Healing



---Andrea/DaughterofWaters




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you again for the shared wisdom -- green candle and love,

Elise

Translate